GENERAL RENTAL REQUIREMENTS
THESE ARE THE GENERAL RENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF PARADISE CAR RENTAL SINT MAARTEN ® CAR RENTAL. THE RENTAL COMPANY OPERATING THE PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) LOCATION (“PARADISE CAR RENTAL”) MAY HAVE OTHER REQUIREMENTS. THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE RENTAL LOCATION WILL CONTROL. CHECK THE LOCAL TERMS & CONDITIONS POSTED ON THE WEB PAGE OF THE RENTING LOCATION FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND POLICIES.
FOR RENTALS SINT MAARTEN, PLEASE REFER TO THE LOCAL TERMS & CONDITIONS WHERE YOU INTEND TO RENT THE VEHICLE.
1. Rental Rates: Daily Rental rates are based on a 24 hour
2. rental day starting at the time of rental. The minimum charge is one day. The renter will be charged for each hour and/or any part of an hour in excess of a rental time the renter keeps the vehicle, until the vehicle is returned, up to the applicable daily rate. A fuel charge will apply if you return the vehicle with less than what was indicated at the beginning of the rental. If you return 24 hours or more after your scheduled return date and time, you will be charge the daily rate of your rental in addition to any other rental charges. If the renter fails to comply with the conditions applicable to the rate, including any geographic driving restrictions, a mileage charge, surcharge or other rates may apply.
B. Driving Age: The minimum age to rent a vehicle at most PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) locations is 18 years of age. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for specific information on driver ages at the location where you intend to rent. Drivers 18 to 24 years of age are obliged to accept CDW & Liability insurances.
C. Authorized Drivers: PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) vehicle may be driven only by an authorized driver. An authorized driver is the renter and any additional person who appears at the time of rental, and signs the rental agreement. All authorized drivers must satisfy our age requirements, have a valid driver’s license, provide a physical street resident address, a major credit card in their own name, and fulfill our other qualifications, which vary by location. Employers and co-employees of renters renting on corporate rate plans, if properly licensed and meet our age requirements, are authorized to drive the Vehicle while acting within the scope of their employment duties. See our credit requirements and driver’s license requirements below. The authorized driver and any additional authorized drivers may be subject to a driver record check (see below). No other persons are authorized to drive the vehicle.
D. Additional Authorized Drivers and Fees: All additional authorized drivers are required to qualify to drive the vehicle. To qualify, PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV)requires all additional drivers, including spouses, to satisfy our minimum age requirements, have a valid driver’s license, and pay an additional driver fee. However, the following additional drivers do not need to pay an additional driver fee as long as they meet our minimum age requirements and have a valid driver’s license:
(1) government renters on official orders,
(2) corporate account customers on corporate rate plans, and
(3) drivers/companions of physically impaired customers.
The additional driver may also be subject to a driver record check and an underage drivers fee. (See below). Because the requirements vary by location, please refer to the locations own Terms and Conditions for specific information on additional driver fees at the location where you intend to rent.
E. Mandatory Underage Drivers Insurance: An authorized driver 18 to 24 years of age will be obliged to take our Full insurance (CDW & Liability ins) because of such drivers age and in addition to the Mandatory Underage Drivers Insurance. Because the requirements vary by PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV)location, please refer to the locations Terms & Conditions for specific information on additional authorized or underage drivers at the renting location.
F. Credit Qualifications/Requirements: To qualify to rent the PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) vehicle, the renter must present at the time of rental a major credit card or debit card (see Debit Card Usage below) in the renters own name with available credit. At the time of rental, an authorization hold will be secured on the credit/debit card provided, to cover the estimated rental charges and any additional charges (deposit) that may be incurred.
These funds will not be available for your use. Because the requirements vary by location, please refer to the locations Terms & Conditions for specific information on credit qualifications and requirements where you intend to rent a PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) vehicle.
G. Debit Card Usage: If the customer presents a debit card at the beginning of rental to qualify to rent, we will also put a preauthorization hold. In the event that a customer’s debit card declines, the customer will not be allowed to rent unless they provide a major credit card in their own name.
Eligible debit cards must have Visa or Mastercard logo. Stored value/prepaid/gift cards are not acceptable to qualify for rental.
• When a debit card is accepted as form of payment, at the start of the rental, two (2) forms of identification must be presented.
o A valid United States or Foreign Country issued Driver’s License
o One (1) of the following forms:
An additional credit card or debit card embossed with the same name as the driver’s license. The card is for identification purposes only and will not be credit authorized;
Government issued ID, in the same name as the driver’s license and debit card:
Valid Passport – United States or Foreign Country Issued
United States Military Identification Card
Non-government form of ID, example that may be accepted includes photo store member card (Costco, Sam’s, etc.), a photo employee card as long as the photo and name matches the driver’s license and debit card.
Current month Utility Statement in the renter’s name and the same address as on the driver’s license. Example Gas, Electric, Cable bill, etc.
H. “Key Ring” Credit Cards: PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) does not accept the small credit cards issued by credit card companies that fit on a key ring. In the event that a customer presents the key ring credit card at the time of rental, the rental location may ask you to present the standard size credit card or another form of payment.
I. Gasoline Policy: The renter must refill the gas tank of the vehicle within a 10-mile radius of the rental return facility and present a fuel receipt to avoid a refueling charge unless the renter chooses the prepaid fuel option. If the renter chooses the prepaid fuel option, the renter will pay a specified charge as set forth in the rental agreement and have no obligation to return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel. There is no credit or refund given for any fuel in the tank at the end of the rental. If the renter does not choose the prepaid fuel option and does not return the vehicle with a full tank of gas, the renter will be required to pay a fuel charge to compensate PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV)for the cost and service of refueling the vehicle. The fuel charge is based on the set price per 1/8 (which varies per vehicle) specified on the rental agreement. PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) may use different methods of estimating the number of gallons needed to refill the tank and these methods of estimation necessarily rely on human judgment. Most PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) locations estimate the number of gallons needed to refill the gas tank either (1) by reading the fuel gauge to estimate the approximate amount of fuel needed to refill the tank (for example, one-half tank) and multiplying that number by the amount of 1/8 (Blocks on the rental agreement) it needs to be refilled.
1. Available Driving Aids: If the renter will require driving aids to operate a vehicle, please contact us at (1721)545-3737. This will ensure availability of equipment and allow PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV), personnel to install such equipment prior to the rental.
2. Pick-up: We would also ask that you call 1-721-545-3737 prior to your arrival so that we may pick you and your traveling companion up, if any, upon arrival at the airport. At most locations, courtesy telephones are also available to contact us for pick-up.
3. Additional Authorized Drivers: If a traveling companion shall serve as the driver during the rental, please advise the PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) representative at the time of rental and pick-up. There is no additional charge for an additional authorized driver for non-driving disabled renters.
L. Driver Licenses:
United States Citizens and U.S. Military Personnel: A renter or any additional authorized driver who is a citizen of the United States, must present at the time of rental:
(1) a driver’s license issued by any state, territory or possession of the United States, and valid for the entire rental period
(2) a temporary driver’s license, valid for the entire rental period
(3) a traffic citation issued as a temporary license, valid for the entire rental period (the court date being the expiration date) and a second form of identification with signature (excluding the credit card used for rental),
(4) a valid U.S. military identification card plus an expired driver’s license for active duty U.S. military personnel in those states where active duty U.S. military can drive on an expired driver’s license.
(5) A valid driver license issued by a province or territory of Canada
(6) A foreign driver’s license* issued by the country of residence of the renter and additional drivers. If the driver’s license in not in English, the renter and drivers will be required to present both the foreign issued driver’s license and a current International Driver’s Permit (“IDP”); or, if from Japan, a Japanese Translation Service. An IDP does not give a person the right to drive, but provides a certified translation of the valid foreign driver’s license. An IDP can be obtained in the drive country of residence only with a valid driver’s license. An IDP (or certified translation) without the foreign issued driver’s license is not acceptable.
*If the foreign issued driver’s license is from a country where “permanent” or “non-expiring” driver’s licenses are issued, the renter and any additional drivers will also be required to show their passport, visa or other current U.S. issued documentation at the beginning of the rental authorizing the renter or driver to be present in the USA at the time of rental.
N. Optional Equipment:
1. Child Safety Seats: For an additional charge, which varies by PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) location, infant, toddler, and child/ youth safety seats are available at many PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) locations.
2. Global Positioning System: Many PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) locations offer the nüvi® GPS navigator for use the during the rental for an additional daily charge. The small, dashboard-mounted device is programmed for multiple languages and contains mapping details of the entire island. with points of interest, including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs and tourist attractions.
P. Additional Fees:
At most PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) locations, the renter may incur one or more of the following charges and fees: (i) an (airport) concession recovery fee or off-airport access fee; (ii) an (airport) consolidated facility charge; plus, frequent flyer surcharges, and vehicle license fees which are the estimated average per day per vehicle portion of our total annual vehicle taxes, licensing, titling, and registration costs, and other governmental fees or charges on top of the daily rate and any optional products and services the renter selects. These charges are calculated either as a per day or a per rental charge.
Q. Lost and Found: PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV), will not uphold responsibility for any personal belongings left in the vehicle or within the location premises. If you have lost items, please contact customer service as soon as possible
2. LIABILITY, INSURANCE AND OPTIONAL PROTECTION PACKAGE
A. Loss or Damage to the Paradise vehicle: The renter and any additional drivers are absolutely liable for any loss or damage to the rental vehicle, even if someone else caused it or the cause is unknown, whether due to theft, fire, hail, flood, collision, vandalism, or any other cause, subject to limitations imposed by the law where the vehicle is rented. This liability will not exceed the full value of the vehicle, plus:
1. Actual towing and storage charges;
2. Loss of use;
3. Diminution in value, regardless of whether the vehicle is repaired or not;
4. All rental charges through the date you report the incident if not returnable or the return date, whichever is later;
5. Any out-of-pocket expenses incurred by us as a result of the loss or damage to the vehicle;
6. A reasonable administrative fee; and
7. Pro-rata license plate fees, all as allowed by law.
B. Third Party Liability Claims: Unless otherwise required by applicable law, a renter and/or any additional authorized driver (and the respective insurance company of each) is primarily responsible for all third party claims of personal injury, including death, and property damage caused or arising from the use and operation of the Paradise vehicle during the rental. (To the extent PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) is required to provide coverage, in spite of the terms of the rental agreement, it shall only be in an amount necessary to satisfy the minimum financial responsibility limits required by applicable law.)
C. Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage: Where permitted by law, PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) does not provide uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage.
D. Optional Protection Package: At the time of rental, PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) offers for purchase at the option of the renter, CDW and or Liability CDW Collision damage waiver takes care of the car you’re driving this has an deductible of $1000.00 . The cost, coverage, provider and availability vary by location, vehicle category and rate. The optional products offered by the rental company may duplicate coverage provided by the renter personal automobile insurance or insurance the renter may have through another source. Purchase of optional products is not required to rent the vehicle. We charge a per day fee for each day, or part of a day, the vehicle is rented for any optional products you select.
1. Collision Damage Waiver
If the renter purchases the optional CDW plan, PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) will agree to waive the renter responsibility for loss or damage over $ 1000.00 to the vehicle.
Damage of the vehicle with a franchise of $ 1000.00 for the account of renter for each and every loss/theft or damage
Accidental damages caused to third parties with a franchise of $1000.00 for account of renter for each loss or damage.
a.) PAI provides benefits to the renter and the renter passengers for accidental medical expenses, ambulance expenses and accidental death benefits during the rental. If this optional coverage is purchased by a renter, the renter is covered twenty-four hours a day for all accidents, whether the renter is actually in the rental vehicle or not at the time of the accident. Passengers in a PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) vehicle are only covered for accidents occurring while the passengers occupy the PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV) vehicle.
(b) visits to a physician’s office, and are subject to a $100 deductible per person per sickness. ESP does not provide coverage for any sickness for which symptoms began or treatment received during the twelve months prior to the beginning of the rental period; expenses incurred outside of the U.S.; expenses for eyeglasses, contact lenses or hearing aids; losses incurred while participating in racing, professional club, intercollegiate or interscholastic sports; losses from an accident, cardiovascular disease, cancers tumors, tuberculosis, organ transplant, congenital conditions, deviated septum, cosmetic surgery, dental care, sexually transmitted diseases, birth control, fertility/infertility treatment, pregnancy, miscarriage, abortion, and emotional or mental disorders of any kind; and losses while traveling against the advice of a physician or while traveling for the purpose of receiving medical treatment. ESP does not apply in Mexico.
The following are trademarks of PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV).
I Paradise Car Rental is a Registered Trademark of PARADISE ISLAND CAR RENTAL (Luti Car and Equipment Rental NV).
* Revised and Effective June 1, 2020